Fwd: [Celtics' Stuff Re: kestas reply

Begin forwarded message:

> From: musty_joe <mustyceltic@att.net>
> Date: Tue Jun 04, 2002  09:16:22 AM US/Eastern
> To: Celticsstuffgroup@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: Re: [Celtics' Stuff Re: kestas reply
>
> Jim wrote:
>
> <Since the Clippers are under the cap, the salaries wouldn't have to
> match, >
>
> Hunh? Given I may have missed something in the *salary cap FAQ* for the
> league: but what gives with the idea that the salaries don't have to
> match (within the always parameters of 115% difference plus 100,000
> dollars), just because one team is under the cap? I admit I may have
> missed a "clause" in the FAQ, and I highly appreciate someone putting me
> straight ? ?
>
> Run this proposed trade through realGM and see what they say, about
> clauses I may have missed. :)

musty celtic (Joe)

***********************
	OK, Joe, as usual, you are right. Both teams have to be under the
cap. Glad we have you here, to bring me back to reality. In order for
that trade to work, there would have to be a sign and trade, with the
Clippers signing both to new contracts which would match up, with
Anderson and Potapenko.

L.A. Clippers trades: 	C Michael Olowokandi	(11.1 ppg, 8.9 rpg, 1.1
apg in 32.1 minutes)
 	PG Jeff McInnis	(14.6 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 6.2 apg in 37.4 minutes)
L.A. Clippers receives: 	C Vitaly Potapenko	(4.6 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 0.4
apg in 17.0 minutes)
 	PG Kenny Anderson	(9.6 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 5.3 apg in 32.0 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -11.5 ppg, -3.5 rpg, and -1.6 apg.
Boston trades: 	C Vitaly Potapenko	(4.6 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 0.4 apg in 17.0
minutes)
 	PG Kenny Anderson	(9.6 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 5.3 apg in 32.0 minutes)
Boston receives: 	C Michael Olowokandi	(11.1 ppg, 8.9 rpg, 1.1 apg in
80 games)
 	PG Jeff McInnis	(14.6 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 6.2 apg in 81 games)
Change in team outlook: +11.5 ppg, +3.5 rpg, and +1.6 apg.

TRADE DECLINED

Due to Boston being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Boston
had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for
the trade to be accepted, which did not happen here. This trade does not
satisfy the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

You have been assigned Trade ID number 605033

Copyright ) 2000-2001 Real General Manager Inc. All rights reserved.

JB

			Unchain My Heart!