Re: Leo Papile's math?

You can say the NFL is lucky to have such a system and
that it works extraordinarily well for fans. But I can't
see how any NBA or baseball owners could realistically
bargain on non-guaranteed contracts, now that they are
already the norm. If it could have been tabled previously
as an issue, it probably would have been.

If guaranteed contracts are an irrevocable part of the
NBA and other major leagues, I would greatly prefer that
players can be "cut" with pay (without counting against
the team cap).

Cut players would become ordinary salaried employees,
until a team offers them a revised contract to play
(typically for MUCH less). Then the original team is off
the hook for further payments to the idle, non-roster
player.