Re: Leo Papile's math?

	Great post, Kim.
	It's wonderful what a clear mind can produce.
	For me, the big problem with the luxury tax, is that is is
undetermined at the time when the teams are spending their money.
	Why did we go through last season thinking about a  tax and then
when the numbers were released, there was none?	Again, this season,
we won't know until it's over. Couldn't they use last years numbers for
the year following?
	If it were my tax, those teams: Dallas, N.Y., and Portland, who are
so far over, would have been fined and the money paid back to the other
teams, on a sliding scale, from lowest on up, who would be required to
spend at least a high % of it, on players, to counter the inflated
payrolls, of the big spenders. That tax refund spent, would not count
against future tax threshholds.
	If the goal is  parity, then it's one thing to pay the tax, it
would be another to force the beneficiaries to spend it and not penalize
them for doing so.
	I would expect the players would love this. How long would it take
to sign a Travis Best, a Jeff McGinnis, a Rodney Rogers, or a Keon
Clark, if you were using "free" money?
	As for the ego driven "big spenders," would they be so quick to add
star players, if they knew that every dollar they spent to strengthen
their own team, would go to help the competition?
		JB

					Unchain My Heart!