It was our fate to get Vin Baker

 Baker always wanted to play for Boston. Baker declined in Seattle due to not
fitting in the Sonics traditional run and gun system. Vinnie is best in a slow
down half-court game much like the Celtics played down the stretch last
season. Seattle fans have said Vin Baker sucks and that's the way it is. While
they are wrong! Vin still put up 14 and 7 while shooting 48% from the field
and also did well in the Eastern Conference games last year.

Now let's discuss our situation. Rogers was apparently gone no matter what
(classic hard cap casualty. Anderson had a career year for us and so did
Strickland. Forte had no spot on this team. Potapenko, bless his heart, played
as hard as he could but just is not talented and now he is recuperating from
major knee surgery. Anderson, despite being in his last year of his contract,
is never a sure bet to produce like he did last year. Our team hit a wall
after that historic game 3 against New Jersey and it was attributable to no
scoring punch from inside on the blocks. We were relegated to forcing up
threes with the clock running down. That and Jason Kidd ate our jockstrap. So
Gaston has strict budget rules and Wallace has cleverly went in got help for
inside scoring and rebounding by getting Baker (who always wanted to play
here). And he did it within Gaston's budget. So I think Wallace has
simultaneously upgraded the Celtics talent level and cut all the deadwood (and
I think drafting underclassman based on "upside" is deadwood if you are
competing for a championship, today).

While, Baker has his chance to resurrect his basketball career, thereby making
Wallace a genius.  And one more thing, how would this board have reacted in
1956 if they had learned that Allstars Ed McCauley and Cliff Hagan were traded
for the draft rights to William Russell?

I'm sold on this deal, now I dearly hope Vin can help us to a Championship
next year with Sh-Will draining some timely treys. Get more from the Web.
FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com