From: Ryan Lee <rlee_at_channing@yahoo.com>
To: <Celtics@igtc.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2002 3:24 PM
Subject: Ode to Kenny

> Cecil,
>
> "Sorry folks, but if anyone saved copies of the games against NJ, you
> will
> have noticed that, though he played well at times, on other occasions
> he
> deliberately chose not to distribute the ball on 3 on 2 and 2 on 1
> situations. "
>
> As bad as you hate Kenny, let's not single him out for not passing in the
playoffs.  A certain Paul Pierce developed tunnel vision in the playoffs
which caused him to take umpteen forced shots and get called for umpteen
offensive fouls on the fast break.  You do remember the image of Jason Kidd
drawing the charge on Paul repeatedly do you?   Kenny in his final season
was the ultimate team player who finally got his head screwed on right.  It
was Kenny who tried to carry the C's in the final playoff game with one of
his finest games of his career (18 pts, 7 assists) when Walker and Pierce
were shut down.   Think what you may Cecil but Kenny barring his high salary
was a great fit for the Celtics at point guard.  He doesn't have to have the
ball in his hands all the time, he can hit the open shot, and he can create
shots for other players off the dribble.  Unless Antoine becomes the point
forward that Obie thinks he can be, the Celts will sorely miss Kenny's
passing and ballha!
> ndling as evidenced by the scoring droughts when Strickland and Delk were
running the point.

> "  I think another transaction will take place there
> or
> Nate McMillan will have more counseling to do with KA."  \
>
> What does Kenny need counseling for?  Besides him referring to himself in
the third person all the time, he's not a headcase like Vin Baker.  I
believe Kenny will play out his contract and become a very serviceable
backup guard for years to come.