$51,120,440

The Celts have 10 players signed at $51,120,440.

I think I read that luxury tax line is at $52 large, but
that teams can be over by a couple of mill.

If $54 million is the payroll, I wonder how Boston will
spend it?

Do they bring in Mott, Big O and Songaila to training
camp? It seems like a pretty even race, but that they
should only keep one among the three.

Or do they spend 2.8 million on a free agent point guard?
That's 2.5 if they also sign a twelfth man rookie like
Mott or Songaila. And it would probably have to be a one
year deal, since they are pretty capped out next year.

I still think it would help if we gave Rodney the money
for a year. That's short-term thinking for sure, but at
least we'd have a strong enough bench to have a shot at
the Finals. Its a "build it (a championship contender)
and they will come (free agents at a discount)" strategy.
Maybe it will also get Gaston to open his wallet.

So PLEASE offer Rogers (not Waltah) 2.5 million. Take it
or leave it. He'll probably leave it, but you never know.

Delk-Rogers translated wherever they've been to a
combined 20 points off the bench at minimun. If Delk
starts, we have a bunch of bench guys good for 4 to 7
points off the bench, who probably can't even be counted
on to perform consistently like Rogers could. That's not
going to get you very far in the playoffs, unless you are
the Lakers.

And that's why Baker doesn't "replace" Rogers. They
contribute very different things, and there is enough
playing time for both if you do the math.

Joe

***

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?