lineup

OK.  If my memory holds, here's who we have:

Delk, S. Williams, JR Bremer at point.  (Hold on, it gets better).  Pierce at guard.  E. Williams and K. Brown at SF.  Walker and Battie at PF and Baker plus Sundov at center.  That's only nine players.  Some suggest McCarty will surely be re-signed while others want Mott, the Shaw SF with an attitude.  I would like to see Songaila given a chance as the last man standing and then add another guard when the opportunity comes.

Observations:  all three points are short and primarily shooters; we need another big guard who can defend (if that's Brown, ok); we need S. Williams or Delk to come off the bench and hit a fast 8 points; when the money crunch hits in a few years, Walker may be at risk (idea cribbed from the ESPN board); plus, Walker may at long last become our #3 option which is a big plus in my mind.  The 40 shots usually taken by the captains might have to be shared with Baker and that brings many positives, such as a better percentage, more close in shots, fewer chunk-it-up threes, more of a team oriented offense, better offensive rebounding.

I would hope we look for a point rather than another #2, since I think we did better with the ball in Kenny's hands last year; let Delk and S. Williams put in time backing up both slots; groom Bremer at the #1.  Cheers,  Gene