Re: Defense

Hi Kim. One thing to add, those analyses were a year old.
Baker played marginally better last year.

If Baker could get you 7+ rebounds per game, his true
market value might be around 8 million per year...not
THAT far from his current figure (60% of it). After all,
don't non-starting NBA centers average just over 5
million in salary according to Chad Ford?

BTW, I liked Potapenko a lot and enjoyed his play while
he was a Celtic. My wife is going to be sad to see him go
too. But this trade wasn't some unidirectional salary
dump either. Boston got out of a potential
Geiger/Zydrunas type quagmire by moving VP's contract.

I think we can consider that as an achievement, although
had we kept Vitaly I still think he would have better
future trade value than Eric Williams, given the nature
of his position.

***

celtics@igtc.com
> Cc      :
> Date    : Mon, 22 Jul 2002 16:30:44 -0400
> Subject : Re: Defense
>
> At 09:49 PM 7/22/02 +0200, hironaka@nomade.fr wrote:
> >On the face of it, Shammond and Vinnie seem like
> >potential coach killers. I guess some would argue
that's
> >not a bad thing in our case.
> >
> >What stands out most is their poor defense, if
> >sonicscentral.com is to be believed. How will Chris
> >Wallace justify adding guys who get "D"s and "F"s on
> >defense?
>
> Yeah but the same could be -and was- said about the
entire existing Cs team
> before last year when O'B brought Harter in. When
cripes, they even got KA
> played defense, probably for the first time in his
career. While Vinnie
> will have the advantage here of mostly having to try to
play D vs eastern
> centers.
>
> Kim

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.