Re: Baker

  It is outrageous how
fat and complacent he got the moment he signed for big
dollars. He's all talk now...there is nothing much
separating him from Oliver Miller and Hot Plate Williams
and other formerly versatile NBA bigmen. 15 million+ per
year in the 05 and 06 seasons is a frightening thought.
hironaka
***********************
	From incredulity to disgust.
	Shira Springer reports, in today's Globe, that the deal is
imminent and includes  Forte, Potapenko and Anderson; for Baker and
Shammond Williams.
	Vin Baker does not want to be a center. Isn't that what led him to
his depression and alcoholism in Milwaukee?
	Oh, the folly of it all.
	Three max contracts and still no center and no point guard.
	In three years, I see a fifteen win team,  waiting for some huge,
long term contracts to come off the books, while some snake oil salesman
of a coach/GM, comes in on a white horse, to rescue the franchise.
	Our future; those three lottery picks that Pitino had left us?
Remember the three players who played the same position? That ruinous
draft has probably cost us Erick Strickland, who is leaving because of
Delk and now, Vin Baker's contract, to replace Rodney Rogers, because we
wont spend some short term cash, may cost us any chance, in the next
five years, to sign any more than a minimum player.
	Five Years! Baker's play may remind us  of Dino Radja, but his
contract is a plague of the Pervis Ellison category.
	Even if Baker scores 15 and draws 8 boards a game, it's not worth a
max contract for five years and all that it entails. Where's Baker's
upside? You might think about risking it with a young and rising star,
like Olowokandi, or Jermaine O'Niel, but how many 31 year olds can keep
up even their present level of play for five years?  It's just too big a
corner to paint oneself into. As Jean Paul Sartre penned: "No Exit."
			JB

			Unchain My Heart!
        Ps. I wonder if Vin will wear his hair in cornrows?