I want Baker

I've just read at least 30 posts in the last two days
about this proposed trade and there does not seem to
be one member in favor of it.  My guess is that there
are some closet Baker fans out there that want this
trade to go down but it has become such an in thing to
hate the trade that they're afraid to say it.  Here's
why I like it:

-he is an all-star caliber low post player--name the
others in the eastern conference.  this gives us a
major advantage in getting back to the finals

-he has career averages of 17 and 8; even if you just
take last year's 14 and 6, this would be a big help
inside where we currently have zero low post
threats--do we even want our third scorer with more
than 14 ppg?

-we weren't really going to be major FA players next
year after Kenny's contract was gone anyway--you all
knew it but were afraid to admit it--other teams have
cleared 3x as much as we would've to get the big fish.
 Kidd and Duncan were not going to come here anyway.

-picture the inside-outside combo of
Pierce/Walker/Delk/Brown bombing away from outside
with a real inside presence taking attention away from
the 3 point line.  Now picture Baker dealing on
McCollough, Mohammed, Pryzbilla and the rest of the
jokes from the eastern conference while the rest of
their teammates rush to cover the 3 pt line.
Offensively, this definitely makes sense.

That's it.  I'm on record.  Bring on Baker and I'll
see you in the finals.

Goggin
http://autos.yahoo.com