Re: Gaston ("All you had to do was the math from Day One,")

> 	Salary cap progression
> 	Season 	Cap amount
> 	2002-03 	$40.271 million

Hi JB, thanks for that article. I'd say the figure above
alone makes the trade implausible. Gaston will veto it in
a second. Wallace has to sell him on the idea of paying
three players Baker, Pierce and Walker (in that order I
think) the entire salary cap (or more) through the 2006
season. How likely is that, I wonder?

Injury or underperformance by Baker puts all Celtics fans
back in the dark ages again for years to come. Why can't
they just pony up a few million to Rodney Rogers? No,
Rogers isn't a savior, but at that price it seems like
such a no brainer.

I think we're safe through the weekend on bad news,
except for a likely official rejection (hopefully without
burning bridges) from Rogers's agent on the initial
offer. Boston would be prudent to wait a while before
making a move of this magnitude. A lot can happen next
week.

Joe H.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?