RE: Is Wallace taking advice from Pitino???

-----Original Message-----
From: Berry, Mark S [mailto:berrym@BATTELLE.ORG]
Sent: July 19, 2002 10:51 AM
To: 'Cecil.Wright@DOMAIN.HIDDEN'; 'celtics@igtc.com'
Subject: RE: Is Wallace taking advice from Pitino???

Cecil wrote:

I doubt the networks could care any less about progress made by Kedrick or
play which takes place at any summer league.  They see marquee players
during the season which can boost their viewing audience, not the Bremers
and Fortes.

--- end ---

That's not what I meant, Cecil. I meant, at this rate-with no Rogers, no
point guard, Vin Baker with a fork sticking out of his back and a bench of
Tony Delk, Damon Jones and Bruno Sundov-the Celtics won't be the same team
that won 49 games and made it to the Eastern Conference Finals. They very
well could be a lottery team. That's why ABC/ESPN might regret airing the
Celts so much.

Mark

Maybe so.  But as one of the list's eternal optimists, I see Walker/Pierce
taking 60% of the shots anyway.  The remaining cast will supply limited
offense at best anyway.  The way we played team defense had to be
encouraging to the players and I believe they bought into it.  Hey, we were
missed free throws away from playing for the league championship, which is
what I think the networks noticed also.

Did Kenny get traded yet?

Cecil