RE: Luxury tax

Perhaps you are correct, but this is not the way I
read it.  If we avoid the tax for another year, then
we should be able to resign RR as long as we can move
KA and clear some space before next years situation is
determined.  In any case, I do not believe that Gaston
is going to risk losing Rodney after he has raised
ticket prices.  The bar has been set based on this
past season's performance.  If they go into this
season with similar expectations, they will play to a
higher capacity during the regular season and
hopefully have a good playoff run. Despite their
success last season, they had a lot of empty seats
during regular season play.  Overall revenues will be
a lot higher this coming year if they play to a higher
capacity during the season.  Fans will come to the
games based on last year's performance.  If they let
Rogers go, they are sending a message to the fans,as
well as the players and coaching staff who worked so
hard to get where they are. I don't beleive that
Gaston is that foolish.

http://autos.yahoo.com