Gaston

Josh Ozersky expressed the following view concerning the Celtics'
principal owner:

<<what a piece of shit scumbag this guy is.  Hiding
in his mansion throttling the life out of the Celtics.
What a moron.  I hope the people in boston egg
his car and piss on his rosebushes and break his
windows and mock him in the street, and burly
toughs shove him to the ground when they walk
past him in the marina.   I hate him so.>>

I'm willing to keep my eggs in their carton until we see what the roster
looks like come October, but if the Celtics start making stupid basketball
decisions in the name of "fiscal restraint", Josh's words and suggestions
will be far too nice.  Bottom line is that if Gaston can't use his playoff
windfall, his Pitino money and his increased ticket prices to let his
basketball people take their best shot at creating the best possible team,
he should get the hell out of the basketball business and sell to someone
who cares about quality.

Read somewhere this morning that some owners are proposing scrapping the
luxury tax in exchange for extending the current CBA for a few more years.
 How uncool would it be if the Cs end up having given away last year's
first round pick AND let Rogers and Strickland go to avoid a tax that is
never imposed?

Michael Gooen
http://autos.yahoo.com