Re: Rumors

I know, I saw it too, that's why I responded.  These things get tossed
around like they're real or something, but they're not, are they?  How
many of "these things" (anything from fan-originated stuff to the hazy
wisps of dreams semi-pro media-type web sites/personas dish out like
gossipmongerers) turn out to happen?  Not many, and (shockingly) the
ones that do turn out to be mostly ones broken by the "major sports
media" (ESPN, etc.) and usually right before the deal is done.  These
rumors are like vaporware (or, just plain vapor, really) -- they don't
turn out.  Mostly.  There's always exceptions, but I can't think of one
rumor that came through and was discussed on the list beforehand.  We're
always surprised.  And if there was, it maybe like one or two (Fortson
to Toronto for Alvin Williams and yet another CBA-level center, maybe?).
Bird
********************************

Bill;
	I expect you've been paying attention and the below posts, as
attribution, may just be, in your mind, "hazy wisps," if not from
dreams, clairvoyance, or a drunken stupor, then from the keyboard of
some overambitious, bored sports writer, but there were attributions
posted here. First, from ESPN. As you say; "the major sports media,"
sometimes gets at least a few details correct.
	The second reference from the active, professional media, was the
Indiana Star, which quoted Donnie Walsh as saying that that deal was not
on the table, but the article went on to state that "league officials
confirmed" that Boston and Indiana were involved with a third team, but
"sources" said that Tinsley was not part of the deal. Walsh did say that
Croshere was discussed by several teams.
	Anyway, I'm sorry you don't get into this type of speculation. For
me, I love it and this "rumor," has enough "legs" to get my juices
flowing.
	I'm not liking the Croshere element, but if we could get a starting
center out of trading Anderson's salary spot and pick up a decent point
guard; a la Jaques Vaughn, or Jeff McInnis, I'd accept losing Rogers. If
not, I'm with you on Rodney. He's got the respect around the league and
"panache," which gives the team the intangible emotional stability that
I doubt that Austin could provide.
	JB