This Trade As Stated Is Stupid From An Indiana Perspective

And the reasons why:

.1 The Pacers were looking for a veteran point guard who can shoot
to augment Tinsley. There was no mention of dealing Tinsley, except perhaps for
A. Miller. And there's a big difference between Miller and Anderson.

2. Isiah loves Tinsley. Fellow PG admiration society.  And the things that Tinsley can
do, that Anderson can't, mean Isiah's not about to give him up.

 3. Indiana fans displeasure and PR backlash. Aged Kenny Anderson, one good season
in the last many, for a guy who was almost ROY. Try selling that to the fans.

4. Can't Indiana get more? If you're offering Tinsley (in a league desperate for
point guards) and a serviceable big man like Croshere (contract non-withstanding - How
many other big people are overpaid? Answer: Many), you should be able to do better than
Anderson.

So, watch the trade happen... LOL.

And yes it could, but not Anderson for
Tinsley and Croshere. My guess as a starting/backuip plan for not signing Rogers,
Boston discussed a Anderson (and others?) for Croshere (and others?) deal, figuring this is
the time to unload Kenny, while he has some value and isn't injured, along
with Paul Gaston's deep love for Croshere, expressed in the past by Wallace
parading around with a Croshere jersey on, and  previous trade talks between the
teams.

Of course, there are a few problems with the above scenario. Austin's heaping
contract (in the context of the upcoming luxury tax) to name one. And to name two, who
plays PG if Tinsley's not involved?  I don't know. Perhaps Cook, Strickland, Forte,
Jamison Brewer, Travis Best signed as a free agent?

Whatever the case, I'm all for dealing Anderson now, while
his value has been enriched as much as it ever will be.
Ray

Download the LEXX Browser at http://www.scifi.com/lexx/