From: owner-celtics@igtc.com [mailto:owner-celtics@igtc.com] On Behalf
Of Berry, Mark S
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2002 10:29 AM
To: Celtic igtc list (E-mail); Celtic yahoo list (E-mail)
Subject: Re: Tinsley/Croshere for Kenny

>>Tinsley, of course, would solve the point guard problem. He's not
Jason Kidd, but he's a poor man's Jason Kidd. Think a young Mark
Jackson. He makes other people better. He's rugged. I remember I wasn't
high on him at all coming out of Iowa State, but I couldn't have been
more wrong. He's a true point guard-the rarest of rarities. No, he
doesn't shoot the outside shot well. Neither does Kidd. The rest of the
package is so much more important (provided the coaches let him do his
thing and don't reduce him to a spot-up shooter). Let's face it, Tinsley
is the point guard we all dream Omar Cook could become.

On the floor, it boils down to Kenny and Rogers for Tinsley and
Croshere. You get younger and better at point guard and younger and
comparable at the F/C spots. The salary issue is the biggest concern. It
would seem to keep the Celtics in luxury tax territory beyond next
season-something they don't have to worry about right now.

I'd do it in a heartbeat and subtract salary later-dumping
Vitaly/Forte/Ewill at the first opportunity. Maybe Delk.

Let's hope there's more to it than just talk.

Mark