Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 06:42:17 -0400
From: Jim Metz <james.metz@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: I don't think NY have the 4.6mil exception

On Sunday, July 7, 2002, at 11:11 PM, kevin wrote:

> I remember they used their mid-level exception 4.5mil to ink Clarence
> Weatherspoon to 6
> year deal. So, this season they DON"T have this exception to work with.
> They are only left
> with the 1.4mil slot, and I think Rogers wouldn't go for this.
>
> kevin
> ******************
	Isn't it just the opposite? Teams have the 4.5-4.8 million
exception each year, but the smaller one is limited to every other year?

		JB

			Unchain My Heart!

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 10:57:25 -0400
From: Larry Taylor <lataylor@gmpexpress.net>
Subject: Shaw Summer League

Does anybody have 2 tickets to Sunday the 21st morning session?  I live
in Maryland and will be in the area on Sunday and wanted to take my wife

to see the Celts in the Shaw Summer League.  I tried the internet and
they are all sold out.  Thanks in advance.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 12:34:30 -0500
From: allitchy@cland.net
Subject: shaw summer league on TV?

Does anyone know if some or all of the games will be televised?

I think a few were last year.  I had an chance to go to some, but I'm
getting hitched instead.  The things you do for love ;)

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 14:32:15 -0700
From: "Art Silva" <arsilva@directvinternet.com>
Subject: Re: shaw summer league on TV?

Don't know for sure if it's the only Celtic game to be televised but the
espn2 schedule has them on Tuesday the 16th at 8 pm ET.

Art Silva

Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 17:46:08 -0400
From: Kim Malo <kimmalo@mindspring.com>

What, you couldn't get them to schedule the ceremony and reception during
the pre-game fan fest : )

Yeah, at least some of them. ESPN's broadcasting the game I'll be at on
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tvlistings/index?date=20020716
Check out their site by date for others.
Kim

Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 18:41:21 -0500
From: "Ron Pasik" <quinielabox@hotmail.com>
Subject: Rodney Rogers and the Luxury Tax

OK My 2 pennies on this subject - LOL

The Celtics are obviously on a tight budget as are most of the teams. Most
are
standing pat waiting for the 2003 summer free agency market when most of the
league players, it seems becomes free agents. Wallace has taken a calculated
risk that he can resign Rogers to short money with the worst case decision
that the Celtics will have to match New York or Philly's Mid-level offer.
(In
which case they had better do it for competitive reasons even if that costs
Gaston a couple of million in the luxury tax). Letting a player of Rogers
caliber sign with your division rival is an absolute No-No. Surely, Gaston
would understand this (Red Auerbach would beat him overhead with his cane to
make him understand!). Rogers may not return to Boston, but he should not go
to another eastern team.
 Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download :
http://explorer.msn.com

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 08:36:00 +0800
From: "Jaims" <jaims@info.com.ph>
Subject: Re: Rodney Rogers and the Luxury Tax

On a worst case scenario, if Rogers signed with another team, do we have a
back up plan just in case?  Who are their other targets?

Jaims

Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 18:28:23 -0700 (PDT)
From: kevin <bostonceltics17@yahoo.com>

- --- Jim Metz <james.metz@verizon.net> wrote:
> 	Isn't it just the opposite? Teams have the 4.5-4.8 million
> exception each year, but the smaller one is limited to every other year?
>

> 		JB

I believe the 1.4mil exception is available EVERY year, and the mid-level
(4.6mil) is every other year.

check out realgm below:

http://www.realgm.com/src_team_exceptions.php
http://sbc.yahoo.com

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 22:16:55 -0400
From: Kim Malo <kimmalo@mindspring.com>

At 06:28 PM 7/8/02 -0700, kevin wrote:
>--- Jim Metz <james.metz@verizon.net> wrote:
> >       Isn't it just the opposite? Teams have the 4.5-4.8 million
> > exception each year, but the smaller one is limited to every other year?
> >

> >               JB
>
>I believe the 1.4mil exception is available EVERY year, and the mid-level
>(4.6mil) is every other year.
>
>check out realgm below:

Or better yet, Larry Coon's NBA salary cap FAQ
http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#16
(real GM's been wrong before, but I've not caught Larry out yet) which
indicates that Jim has it right.