FW: July 11th Fan Strike: Can We Save the Season?

This isn't celtics related, but important none the less.....

-----Original Message-----
From: manager@takebackbaseball.com [mailto:manager@takebackbaseball.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 03, 2002 2:04 PM
To: strike@lists.takebackbaseball.com
Subject: July 11th Fan Strike: Can We Save the Season?

TAKE BACK BASEBALL:  http://www.takebackbaseball.com

July 11th Fan Strike: Can We Save the Season?

Thanks again for supporting www.TakeBackBaseball.com! The
momentum is building, we're getting attention, and if we can keep it
up, we might just save this season from being "going, going, gone."
So here's our pitch - take a few seconds right now, forward this to as
many baseball fans as you can, and tell them to sign our Fan Strike
petition at http://www.TakeBackBaseball.com.

July 11th Fan Strike: The Movement is Growing!

Guess what, folks - what started off as just a few emails to friends has
now grown into a real movement:

* The media is hot on the "fans strike first" story, with coverage of
TakeBackBaseball.com by ABC News, national radio shows, and local
stations throughout the nation.

* Thousands of fans have vowed to strike July 11th, and the numbers
are growing.

* The coalition has grown, with over half a dozen other groups working
to push the July 11th Strike date.

We've got momentum. We're getting attention. If we can keep this up,
we really might just shame, embarrass, and scare these guys into
finally settling their differences - and keep them from trashing another
baseball season.

If You Want To Save The Season, SPREAD THE WORD!

We're in the bottom of the ninth, with the Fan Strike date just a few
days away. So, do whatever you can between now and July 11th to
spread the word:

* Forward this email to your friends, family, and anyone else you know
who cares about our game, and tell them to go to
http://www.TakeBackBaseball.comand sign up for the strike.

* Add this to your email signature: "July 11th: Baseball Fan Walkout
Day! http://www.TakeBackBaseball.com";.

* Know any reporters?  Tell them about
http://www.TakeBackBaseball.com.

If we show enough fan outrage, frustration, and power, we really can
save this season. So let's make this strike a heater down the middle -
one powerful enough to make even Nolan Ryan jealous.

Thanks

The TakeBackBaseball.com Coalition