Re: We Should Be Happy

In a message dated 1/30/02 4:23:49 AM Pacific Standard Time,
dforant1@nycap.rr.com writes:

> Yes, we should be happy. Because we have achieved a lot this season.  The
> Bucks are a better team at this point. Some losses are good for humility
> and
> growth.

     I watched the last four minutes of the first half and all of the second,
including what seemed like a 45 minute third quarter.  (Although watching a
team - even the other team - on a run like that is fun; everything goes
right, nothing goes wrong.)  I was trying to find some solace in this loss,
and Dan's analysis is the best I can do, but it doesn't help much.  I
certainly would not have minded a close game where we end up on the short
end, like last year's game in LA against the Lakers.  That would have fallen
into that "kissing your sister" category of a good loss.  But this was awful.
 For 12 minutes, the Celtics shut down.  The other 36 minutes they lost by
one point.
     Early this year, I applauded a couple of wins by saying that last year's
Celtics lose that game, this year's win it.  Here's a twist:  next year's
Celtics win this game; this year's lose it.