"On the road again."

   There are several things that stand out from last nights game.
   The first half was pretty good. The opening five minutes or so, Kenny and
Vitaly had 13 or our 15 points. Walker was 1-4, Pierce was 0-3. Vitaly had
two offensive rebounds in that short period of time. When Vitaly picked up
his third foul, mid way through the second period, when Mason bulled into
him and bounced back, Marc Blount came in and played pretty well. Walker hit
a few threes and Pierce found some range as we tied the score as the half
ended. I did notice that we attempted 19 threes in that half. A bad sign.
   Starting Blount in the second half, turned into a big mistake. He, again,
looked like "Little Boy Lost," as the Bucks ran off 10 straight and never
looked back. In addition, Anderson had no one to pass to, that was moving
without the ball.
   The ref's in that early third period span, were no help at all. Pierce
and Anderson got hammered, time and again, with no calls, but Ray Allen got
the call every time he was bumped. Even Mason, was getting the calls, but I
don't remember Vitaly, Anderson, Walker or Pierce getting to the line at
all. Kenny got his frustration technical and was finished for the night. In
general, our players took the lack of calls well, but you could see on their
faces, how hard it was.
   As the game deteriorated, Vitaly never got back in, until early in the
fourth quarter, for some meaningless, early garbage time. I also wondered
why Palacio, who was utterly useless, stayed in most of the second half.
Forte finally got in, with two minutes left.
   I don't see the point of starting Eric Williams. With his post up game
going unnoticed, as we have other offensive options, he becomes a perimeter
player. His best use, seems to me, is to come in after the offense begins to
deteriorate, to focus on getting a good shot and/or going to the line, to
slow down the other teams run.
   Eric Strickland played the game. Never stopped, never will.
   If Battie is out for any duration, we must get another big man. Walter
McCarty became our backup power forward and center. That won't get us into
the playoffs.
   Pierce's wrist looked serious. The way he grimaced, after a slash by Glen
Robinson, I sensed a break or bone chips. Something very painfull on what
seemed to be less than major contact.
   Without looking at the box score yet, it seemed to me that Walker and
Pierce were looking ahead. I didn't see the intensity on getting back on
defense, rebounding, passing or running the wings, that is needed to stay
with a team like Milwaukee.