Re: Look For Chris Wallace To Be Brought Up On Murder Charges

I hate to say it, and I can't stand the "way" he said it, but Ray's right.
The Wallace quotes over the weekend really steamed me as well. I'm
thoroughly unimpressed with Chris Wallace so far. His one good move to this
point was signing Strickland. The Blount and Palacio contracts were mistakes
and the draft was butchered-not that the three players can't be
contributors, just that the potential was there in this great draft, with
three picks, to really make a long-term difference. The Calbert
Cheaney/Derrick McKey/Walt Williams comparisons to Joe Johnson are looking
more true by the day. Forte was a lousy pick. My greatest hope is Kedrick,
but he could just as easily be Ricky Davis/Corey Maggette/Eddie Robinson as
the next McGrady. In fact, it's far more likely.

He's also right that the commonly held belief that trades will work out the
logjam at the swing positions is turning into a sham. JJ, until Kedrick was
hurt, was a DNP-CD guy and a half-step away from the dreaded "back spasms"
IL trip. Forte may never see meaningful minutes. What value do you think JJ
or Forte really have when they can't beat out Eric Williams or Erick
Strickland? Or Walter McCarty?

Just a really bad job by Wallace in this draft.

On the other hand... Jim O'Brien got no help from Wallace and has taken this
team to unbelievable heights. They're playing hard for him every night,
which they didn't do at all for Pitino. O'Brien checked his ego at the door
and brought in Dick Harter to make a difference on the defensive end. He
made Eric Williams a contributor. Just a tremendous job. I've been awfully
tough on him and skeptical because of what he did at Dayton, but he deserves
major kudos for his work with the Celtics.

Mark