Re: Rumors

> With O'neal injured I would expect Indiana going after Jackson big time,
> possibly offering Rose. Would Battie or VP along with Kedrick or JJ get us
> Rose and maybe Bender in a package?

I'm doubtful that Rose would be happy playing 3rd banana to Paul and Toine.
And Bender is a 7' 219 lb small forward who can't get meaningful minutes in
Indy.  Where would he fit in?

> Is Theo Ratliff healthy? And could he help us?

Ratliff could help anyone if healthy.  Who do we have that the Hawks would
consider to be attractive in a deal is the question.

> VP & Kedrick to Portland for Dale Davis and Zach Randolph?

Don't know what Portland's motivation for doing this would be.

Cecil

> 2002 draft deep at point
>
> http://www.detroitnews.com/2002/pistons/0201/14/f04-390478.htm
>
> As of right now, there could be as many as 12(so that article says)PG's
taking
> the first round. While I highly doubt that many will come out worthy of
1st
> round consideration, there are at least that many that COULD come out this
> year along with the seniors and be a total PG draft...These are all guys
who
> would almost have to be drafted if they come out.  We know we won't get
> Williams or Wagner, but adding Bell, Williams, Dickau, Dixon, or maybe the
> Euro's would be an addition.
>

> Jason Williams
> Chris Duhon
> Frank Williams
> Dan Dickau
> Jameer Nelson
> Marcus Taylor
> Julius Hodge
> Jonthan Hargett
> Troy Bell
> Tito Maddox
> Juan Carlos Navarro
> Maurice Baker
> Lynn Greer
> Brett Nelson
> Sani Becirovic
> Cedric Bozeman
> Jason Gardner
>

>  Wouldn't that blow Jerry Buss' mind!
>
> "A consultant to the Los Angeles Lakers since he resigned as general
manager
> after the 1999-2000, Jerry West would leave the organization "for the
perfect
> situation," the Los Angeles Times has reported. To this point, West, 63,
> appears content to live in semi-retirement, although he had serious talks
with
> the Atlanta Hawks at one point after last season. Apparently, the
potential
> post with the Hawks was not to West's satisfaction since it did not
include
> control of the team. West has denied various reports that said he was
close to
> taking jobs elsewhere, most recently with the Hawks. Nothing has yet met
> West's rigid requirements of opportunity and challenge, the Times
reported,
> citing a source close to West."
>

> The Post reports the Knicks are interested in several players, including
the
> Bulls' Brad Miller, the Blazers' Rasheed Wallace and Dale Davis, and the
> Nuggets' Raef LaFrentz. Other players garnering interest include the
Clippers'
> Lamar Odom, the Sonics' Gary Payton, Jackson and Adonal Foyle of Golden
State,
> and the Jazz's Greg Ostertag.
>
> Rumor
>
> New York Knicks get Rasheed Wallace...
>
> Toronto Raptors get Laterel Sprewell(not the rite spelling)...
>
> Portland TrailBlazers get....
> from Toronto....Keon Clark
> from New York...(not sure yet)
> and a couple of draft picks will also play roles in this deal...
>

> LAYDEN STIRS POT ON SEVERAL DEALS
>
> By MARC BERMAN
>

> January 20, 2002 -- PHILADELPHIA - Knicks GM Scott Layden may have been at
Jim
> Dolan's wedding in Florida yesterday, but his cell phone certainly was on.
> Yesterday, Golden State center Marc Jackson became available to be
traded - an
> important event that executives believe might lead to a blockbuster deal
that
> will open the trade floodgates.
> But Layden has made inquiries all over the place and not just for big men.
The
> GM has spoken to the Nuggets about unhappy point guard Nick Van Exel.
Denver
> wants want back one of the Knicks' Big 3 - either Marcus Camby, Allan
Houston
> or Latrell Sprewell - but Layden is not quite ready to get that desperate.
>
> Layden has spoken to the Warriors not just about Jackson but also power
> forward Danny Fortson and Adonal Foyle. The Knicks could have stolen
Fortson
> from Boston for Chris Childs and $3 million back in the summer of 2000.
>
> "They've been as aggressive as any team in the league in talking," one
league
> executive said. "They're at the top of the list. . . . But they got a team
> that's hard to make a deal with because of the contracts."
>
> Layden has targeted Portland's Rasheed Wallace and may be willing to part
with
> two of his Big 3 plus Houston if he can get back someone such as Bonzi
Wells.

> The Knicks like Denver center Raef LaFrentz, but the Nuggets are looking
for a
> standout big man in return and the Knicks have yet to offer Camby.
>
> The Knicks also have talked to the Bucks about giving up Camby and Charlie
> Ward - two of Milwaukee GM Ernie Grunfeld's favorites - for Tim Thomas and
> second-year center Joel Pryzbilla.
>

> Magic frontrunners in bid for Jackson
>
>       Marc Jackson(ANSA)
> The Orlando Magic are interested in the Warriors' Marc Jackson and are
ready
> to pull the trigger on a deal, according to Florida Today. The Magic have
left
> a spot open on their roster in the event of a trade, and Jackson appears
to be
> the No. 1 player on Orlando's wish list. Jackson, who showed much ability
last
> season as a rookie, has sat the bench for the Warriors after the team
matched
> an offer by the Rockets in order to re-sign him this past offseason. He is
> averaging only 4.9 points and 2.5 rebounds this season. Meanwhile, the
> Commercial Appeal reports that Bryant Reeves' back injury might force him
into
> an early retirement and that means that the Grizzlies would be very
interested
> in Jackson. Jackson apparently likes Memphis' potential and Pau Gasol.
>

> a.. The Chicago Tribune reports that the right package offered by the
Bulls
> could bring in the Heat's Eddie Jones, the Pacers' Jalen Rose or the
Nuggets'
> Antonio McDyess. Rose says he would likely be the first to go if the
Pacers
> trade for a big man, according to the Miami Herald.
>
> Battie or VP in a package for for Jalen and Best?
>

> The Denver Post demands the Nuggets rebuild the team. The Post suggests
that
> Nick Van Exel should be traded and Raef LaFrentz should follow. The Post
says
> the Nuggets should package the two for a legitimate shooting guard or
center.

> a..
>
> [demime 0.98e removed an attachment of type application/octet-stream which
had a name of jackson011602.jpg]