Re: [Celtics' Stuff Joe Johnson - Not playing because of trade?

on 1/19/02 11:11 PM, Celtic4Hire@aol.com at Celtic4Hire@aol.com wrote:

Why didn't Joe Johnson start or play tonight. I did like the fact that
Kedrick got a chance to show his stuff but Marc Jackson does become
available tomorrow. Maybe Joe was held out so he wouldn't get injured. A
trade of Johnson and McLeod for Jackson works according to Real GM.
Vitally's lack of athelticism really killed us against Houston and Detroit.
Jackson could really fit there provided he would approve the trade. This
would meet the Warrior demands of a no. 1 pick (a lottery one at that) and
an expiring contract. We get a guy who is about Battie's equal (although I
haven't seen him play much) who is young and the team can grow with. It
would be a bold move but other than getting Kedrick some playing time, I
don't see how this team gets any better for the next couple of years with
the present cast. We could move VP to Utah in the off-season as previously
rumored. I just don't see many minutes for Forte, Brown and Johnson when
Strickland is playing well and Walter and Williams can also man the
positions....

DJessen33
        ***************
       According to the papers, Joe was benched for lack of production, with
the inference that he is not doing the "little" (rebounding, scrappy
defense, hustle plays) things, contribution wise, to make up for the fact
that his shot isn't falling. O'Brien suggested that the length (that
infamous "rookie wall.") of the season might have caught up to him.
       I like your trade scenario, if Kedrick develops, as Wallace anointed
him, but JJ has all the complimentary tools that Kedrick does not yet
possess.
   Marc Jackson may not be the answer for a championship team at center, but
he's better than what we've got and I surely don't want to see him in
Orlando or Indiana.

        JB

                  Unchain My Heart !