Re: We wuz robbed!

At 22:17 1/19/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>I usually don't make claims of this nature, but no doubt, the refs
>swallowed the whistle on the inbound pass to Pierce. The replay
>clearly shows Stackhouse grabbing Paul as he reached for the
>ball. P should have been at the line for two.

Stack grabbed AND tripped Pierce and these cowards didn't call it, which
cost us the game. If Obie doesn't send the tape of this game to the league
with a formal protest, he isn't doing his job.
On the other hand, it shouldnt've come to this. Obie played Pot, who was
just clueless out there, too much, kept Walker on the bench for too long
during a critical stretch when the Pistons cut the lead. Their D is
slipping - I've seen way too many layups, or attempted layups, against us
lately.
And lastly, Pierce was a little TOO willing to give up the ball. When
you're the go-to guy in a clutch situation, and you're covered by a
defender who's 2 inches smaller and has 5 fouls, you gotta make something
happen, not dump it off on other people as if you were Joe Johnson. The
result  - 7 points scored in the 4th. We were outscored 26 to 7. This is a
meltdown of Trail Blazerian proportions.

Kestas

PS How much do I hate Jon Barry? He's hard to take when his team is down
25; it's much worse when something like this happens.  Unfortunately, I
correctly predicted the outcome, although I didn't envision it happening
this way.