Re: Would this work in Boston? (I say yes)

At 15:30 1/19/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>> Repeat after me: "Antoine is going to play 40 minutes at PF, Antoine is
>> going to play 40 minutes at PF,Antoine is going to play 40 minutes at
>PF...".
>>

>Is that a bad thing?

It would be better if he played 40 minutes at SF, where he would present
matchup problems for his defenders, and wouldn't be abused on defense by
bigger PFs.

>> The bottom line is, Toine doesn't want to chase SFs around picks, so Obie
>> will find every excuse in the world why this can't be done. You know, he
>> needs 4 three-point shooters on the floor at all times, Pierce is more
>> comfortable at the 3,
>
>Why are you not repeating that Pierce is more comfy at the 3?

Because it's a BS excuse; it's a meaningless distinction in our offense.

>you can't play Battie and Pot together,
>
>Seems as if this would be a fouling machine on some other big men around the
>league.

What, playing together they would  be, but playing alongside Walker they're
not? Why would that be?

>there are no
>> good PFs available to be signed, we only have 3 big guys, this would cut
>> into EW's playing time etc. ad nauseam.
>> Kestas
>>

>Therefore, Toine will be playing 40 minutes at the PF spot.

To the detriment of the team...