"Well I tried and I tried and I tried, but I can't get no, ........"

   The attached photo, pretty much sums up the feeling this AM.
   We wasted a Herculean effort from Pierce last night. He really was
immense. I mentioned Jimmy Brown in a post last week and the way he got up,
like he had broken every bone in his body, after he was tackled, then ran
over you for 12 more yards on the next play, well that's how Pierce was last
night. No one could stop him, but they tried, by hammering him, every time
he took the ball to the hoop. He was on his back more than a four dollar
hooker.
   Did Tony Battie wake up in the fourth quarter or what? Was it his
defensive efforts that shut down Calvin Cato, who did whatever he wanted in
the third? Or was it Steve Francis, deciding not to feed the post? If it was
the latter, it was the only blemish, on a great game by Francis.
Nice gesture by Stevie "Franchise" to mark Pierce with the MVP endorsement ,
but I'll tell you Francis played right up there with him, at every aspect of
the game. If there was a defining minute for the Rockets, it wasn't so much
Moochi Norris' three from the corner, it was Francis', two offensive
rebounds in the last minutes.
   Minor injuries to most of our key players, point out, more than ever, the
need to replace Palacio (two pairs of socks and all) and Blount, with
players who can contribute, if we are serious about contending in the East.
Oh, sorry,  I forgot, Walter can play all the positions, so we are all set.

        JB

                  Unchain My Heart !

[demime 0.98e removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of frustrated.jpg"; x-mac-creator="4F505241"; x-mac-type="4A504547]