From: pmaurice [mailto:damekmo@teleport.com]
Sent: January 16, 2002 2:55 PM
To: celtics@igtc.com
Subject: Re: Raef Lafrentz vs. the other miserable player in Boston.

I'm not going to defend El Busto. He's not much of a player, but....
If you're just going to look at numbers, Raef gets more minutes and more
touches. He's a bigger part of their offense. More is expected of him and he
has a greater opportunity to put up those numbers. In his 33 mins. he hardly
gets to the line, he only has one more rebound/game than Tony, he shoots
more - they want him to - at a lower percentage. Is Raef going to get more
touches than Tony in Boston? I don't see why. It's not like he's Mr.
Consistency so you can count on him being effective each night. Does Raefy
get his 33 mins., that is, more mins. than Tony,  in Boston if he's not more
effective than Tony with fewer touches? I guess we just don't agree on what
a "legitimate" big man might be. Yeah, he's not Shaq but, I'm not even sure
he's Camby. He's certainly not Brad Miller, or a healthy Ilguaskas, or a
sick Mourning. He's not Marc Jackson. Would you rather have Raefy or the
Clips' center? Is he even that much better than Nazr Mohammed? I might be
way off here and I'd love for someone in Denver to help me out, but whenever
I see Raef play, and it's usually against the Blazers so I guess that might
not be fair to the poor miserable loser, he looks pretty pedestrian.

Paul M.