Re: 3 games, $15K

At 04:17 PM 1/14/02 -0500, James A. Hill wrote:
>Shaq gets 3 games and $15K.  I guess that means the NBA is trying to stop
>fighting like the NHL does.  What a joke.

I predicted that the most the league would do was five games and a large
fine--if they weren't taking this seriously.  To them, apparently, the
marquee value of Shaq and the Lakers on national TV means more to them than
putting an end to needless and dangerous fights like this one.

I also agree with those who mentioned widely poor officiating, which was
totally ineffectual in this disaster.

I'm sending a formal complaint to the NBA offices about the bad officiating
in general and the lightweight slap for Shaq.  Mark Cuban gets harsher
punishment for telling it like it is about the refs.