Hi there,

> Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 11:14:48 -0500
> From: "Dorine Pratt" <norine@sover.net>
> Subject: Trade?  No!
>
> I agree with Shawn.  Some of these trades I swear - trade away a point
> guard
> who's doing a great job for us and two of our rookies?  Doesn't make sense
> to me.
> Dorine

Well you do get Camby out of this trade..
Camby is a better big man then Battie...and Battie isn't really that shabby.
Camby
can certainly play. Is Camby worth one veteran point guard and two unproven
rookies? Most NY Knick fans would thinks so, and in fact I doubt they would
favour
this trade.  So I don't think you have to worry about it.

Camby is  a real talent. When he is healthy he can really turn things around.
He is
the difference maker on the Knicks right now, as only a good game from him
can
get them wins.

Most fans overvalue rookies and undervalue veterans. After all veterans are
known
quantities. Spoon will never turn out to be "that" good but he would be an
alright
small forward with Boston. Joe Johnson might turn out to be good..but he
could be
the next coming of Ed O'Bannon.

Pete