Re: They Still Lost People

----- Original Message -----
From: pmaurice <damekmo@teleport.com>
To: <celtics@igtc.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 9:42 AM
Subject: Fw: They Still Lost People

And by the way, Mark, as Obie might ask, what was their record when Antoine
was taking all those threes? My argument has always been and will always be
that I don't assume that Obie knew better. That he just didn't want Antoine
to take all those threes and was afraid to tell him to stop, as you've
argued in the past. My argument has always been that Obie and Antoine are on
the same page because, as the coach has said, and I think it was mentioned
in that article yesterday, Antoine is a smart player. He knows what has a
better chance of working aginst some teams, what won't work against others,
and what might not be working at all. O'Brien wasn't pulling his hair out
before, he's not now. Only if you assume that Antoine is a totally
uncontrollable a-hole can you come up with the "O'Brien knows that he's
taking too many threes but he's afraid to say anything" theory. Defenses
make adjustments, so do strategies. There's no hair-pulling going on. Never
has been.

Paul M.
Paul M.