A loss is a loss is a...

   Thanks to the power outage, I got to see the last 7.5 minutes of the
game. I saw some fantastic defense (except on Smith) and rebounding, but I
also seemed to see that Anderson and Walker and even Pierce, who played
short minutes in foul trouble, wear down at the end. As Scottman and Lance
both reported, it's tough to play hard for 82 games with 8 players. Pierce
and Walker each missed two shots, in the last minutes and Anderson just
wasn't a factor at all, down the stretch. The offense was just; give the
ball to Antoine who heaved a three, or forced it into Pierce. This worked
well for a while, as no one on San Antonio (or perhaps in the league) can
contain Paul when he gets in that zone, but could he have just run out of
gas at the end?
   Walker also was limping badly. He says he twisted it and needs an MRI.
Was it my imagination, or did it seem to me that he was exaggerating it for
the fans, as if to gain sympathy? I hope he isn't really hurt. He was
rebounding intensely and playing more defense than I've ever seen him play.
I heard Tommy report, that he willed the Celtics, back in that game, in the
first half, when Pierce was out. At the end, offensively, all I saw were ill
advised threes and misses.
   I do have it on tape, and hope to see it when I get back from W.
Springfield. I'm very curious about the foul disparity and wonder why Marc
Blount played and Vitaly sat. Have we won a single game this year when
Blount played even a minute before garbage time?
        JB

                  Unchain My Heart !