Re: WOOHOO!!! Another great 4th quarter finish...

On Sunday, January 6, 2002, at 06:30 AM, Celtic4Hire@aol.com wrote:

> We actually enjoy watching the Knick broadcasts so we can pick out Clyde'
> unique choice of words. Last night included tantilizing, pugnacious,
> uncanny
> and vivacious. He continually misponounced Battie's name although Marv
> Albert
> had it right throughout the broadcast. We knew we had something special
> in a
> previous game when he used the word discombobulate. Honestly, he makes the
> game more interesting amidst a slew of vanilla other color guys...

Hmmm.  Interesting as in a major disease?  Maybe.  Interesting like a good
movie or book?  Hardly.  Now, his reasons for "using" those words are
well-intentioned, but if he managed to use them correctly, then he'd
really bo on to something.  Or, if perhaps he didn't use the same word,
over and over again to describe similar (and sometimes dissimilar) actions.
   I guess, if you like that sort of thing, more power to you.  Myself, I'd
rather put my head in a vise (and put a few hundred turns on it) than
listen to him.  Perhaps you enjoy his uninformed criticisms of Walker and
Pierce, et al, but I do not.

Give me Tommy and Gorman any day.  If my choices are between vanilla and
annoying, I'll take vanilla.  One thing I can't criticize him or Marv
about, though, is their rampant homerism: can't blame them for that, but I
wish I didn't have to listen to it.

Bird