three at one position??

Just thinking about several assumptions that I question.  First, the idea that we drafted three young men who play the same position.  Well, I think they are all young, all well-mannered, all hard workers, all very talented, but I see them as representing three positions, if not six.

Kedrick is being developed as a small forward.  That he can guard some power forwards is a fluke of hyperextensionisity.  He will be a small forward, able to outquick most defenders and leap over small, stationary buildings.

JJ is a two/three and can play as a secondary (maybe even primary) ball handler.  He regularly guards the opposition shooting star, whether it be a two or three.  His versatility will be legend, but he fits easily as a two guard.  Is there really any distinction between his position and Pierce's?

And Forte, while he has a mixed background of mostly two-guard tutelage, will make it or break it (with this team) as a point guard.  I happen to believe he can do it.  He's smart, quick, defends well, can pass and shoot.  I think he just needs time and exposure.  I wish he were getting ten minutes now, from Palacio and Strickland.  He can certainly shoot better.

In sum, we have three guys who can play multiple positions, but fit well into a one, two, and three.  I think we're fast seeing why we chose JJ and Kedrick.  Forte, the most accomplished in college, just might be able to bring that ability to the pro scene in time.

Next, the "5 minute game" myth.  Cheers,  Gene
Send your FREE holiday greetings online at Yahoo! Greetings.