Re: new bskball.com column

----- Original Message ----- From: "Josh Ozersky" <jozersky1@nyc.rr.com>

> ONE: say we get six wins before the all-star break, out of a possible
> nineteen. It's a worst-case scenario, and unlikely given the number of
home
> games, and the team's success against good Eastern teams. (We won't say
> anything here about our success against bad eastern teams.)
>
> TWO: that would be 25 wins, requiring only that we pick up 16 more, out of
> possible 41, to get us to .500 and a likely playoff berth.

The picture is rosy, but not quite that rosy.  There are 49 games before the
all-star break, and only 33 games after it.  So the Celtics had better win
more than six games before then if they want to have a cushion in the second
half of the season.  Six more wins would put them at 25-24 at the break;
Barely .500.

Jim