FW: Run, you say?

From: JB <jbmetzea@Yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 06:55:11 -0500
To: <hartleyo@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Run, you say?

   Thanks for the reasoned reply Hart. We can "come together" over this. All
that you wrote about the rookies and the draft next year (and even what was
not said, about the free agent possibilities in the summer of 2003) will
shape this team, as to whether we become legitimate contenders or not;
agreed.
  What I've said, is that we have several players (R. Brown, McCloed,
McCarty, Blount and Palacio) who are no help at all and who will probably
never be any help. In my opinion, that is too many. I believe there are a
few players in the minor leagues, or still unsigned free agents, who could
be brought in very cheaply and tried out, particularly at the point guard
and power forward/center positions. In order to do that we have to create
some roster space and I projected that one or two, of the above five, could
be cut or retired, without any real loss.
  If we bring in some warm bodies and they don't work out, so what? We
haven't cut into our core, but if we find a player who can help us at one of
two positions, that our rookies don't play, we may just have solidified our
position, not only, as you hoped, "to see them get to the second round of
playoffs," but perhaps, we are not so far away, from coming out of the East.

            JB

                          Unchain My Heart!