FW: Run, you say?

----------
From: JB <jbmetzea@Yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 17:17:02 -0500
To: <hartleyo@bellsouth.net>, <celtics@igtc.com>, Celtic's Stuff
<Celticsstuffgroup@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: Run, you say?

on 1/2/02 8:43 PM, Hartley at hartleyo@bellsouth.net wrote:

This  loony post,  has no meaning. Last time we looked they were a stones
throw
from being first in their division. let alone the Eastern conference and you
want to break em up.

Hart
            **************

"Loony" you say? Well one man's "loony," may be another mans inspiration.
Or, as Paul Simon put it, so succinctly: "One man's ceiling is another man's
floor." From that reference, I mean to imply that I/we are all happy with
the Celtics this season, no doubt, but I will never be satisfied, until we
are the best in the league. If you hadn't noticed already, from the
Philadelphia, the Utah and the Sacramento games, we are not yet at the elite
level. A team with a big front line can render us as ineffective as we
rendered the Magic last night and we have way too many poor possessions, to
compete with the likes of a Sacramento.
  My post, (see below), as it referred to the lack of running and stagnating
offense that might arise, has already been rendered ridiculous, by last
nights game. We ran profusely and for the first half, it was a lay up drill.
I was impressed, particularly by the maturity and selflessness of our
captains. But the other concept of that post, based on the premise, that we
have an unbalanced roster and too few contributing players, will not go
away, with victories over the center less and hobbling, former giants, of
the East.
 You are afraid to break up this beast? If dropping from the roster; Randy
Brown or Milt Palacio, Rowshown McLeod or Marc Blount, or even "Buggs"
McCarthy, would do damage to the chemistry of this team, how do you ever
hope to improve it? If you want to preserve chemistry, you deal from the
bottom, keeping the core (useful players) intact and try to fill holes. Is
there any other way to do it?
  Is it "loony" to want a backup point guard of some merit and distributing
ability, in case Kenny is hobbled, or wears down from the major minutes he
is playing? Am I off base, to think that Antoine needs a blow sometimes, or
that against certain teams, with those big front lines, that another bruiser
up front, would not bring us up to another level?
  You can knock me for redundancy, assuredly, as it must seem to some of
you, that I am like a broken record, at times, but lunacy? I speak/write
from the heart, as I'm on no ones payroll and it pleases me to do so. If it
be madness, hopefully, there is no cure.
                     JB

                          Unchain My Heart!