Remember When?

Remember when our team really bit?  Remember when we tanked a season just
for a (possible) draft pick?  Remember when we set the franchise record
for losses?

I believe we're at a turning point, or perhaps have already seen a turning
point.  This team is no longer the league's whipping boy, no longer "sucks"
, no longer the one of the NBA's "also-ran's", but, if not one of the NBA'
s elite, one of the "good" teams, a team that can challenge for the
Conference title.

I mean, I don't think we're in the same class as L.A. (yuck!), San Antone,
  Sac-town, or the even the Mavs, but we can savor the favor of being in
the East, and the luck of having a wide-open conference.  We're not the
elite, but we're damn good, regardless.  Time to start thinking about not
only *making* the playoffs, but whether we can get home-court advantage.
Those teams I mentioned, you'll notice, are all in the West.

Geez, I love rooting for this team. You don't get to be a fan of this
franchise living as a kid in the region in the U.S. farthest from the East
Coast without something going for it.  I mean, I see fans on this list
from the Far East, the middle of the Pacific, Australia, as well as
Vermont and the Hub.  God, I love this team.  It's a ride, folks -- you
best enjoy it when you can.

Damn my eyes if Obie/Wallace and the braintrust (who got a *lot* of crap
from various posters on the list -- including myself, I may add) weren't
so stupid, or moronic, or retarded enough to put together a decent team.
My hat's off to them.  I'll admit my mistakes: I didn't think Kenny had it
in him, didn't think EWill could really play, didn't think a
traditional-power-forward-less team could compete, didn't think we had an
adequate big man, et al., but I was wrong about a lot of things, and
couldn't be happier that that's the case.    Sure, you can predict an
eventual fall, and eventually, you'll be right, but that's too easy.  I
want to see some credit, some love towards the team and the players.

Paul Piece and Antoine Walker are playing like men possessed, they are the
core of the team.  And the other guys, especially Kenny, V, T, EWill, and
Strick are contributing in ways I forgot how Celtic role players could do.
   One of our rooks starts, and another plays well each and every time I
see him on the court.  We've got a good thing going, people.  We've got
good players now, and possible upgrades in the rooks.  It's a good time.

Admit it.

Those who know me personally know that I am not the rah-rah type, but I am
caught up in this team.  I love how they fight.  I love how Walker will
point to the bench and you can see how he's saying "this one's for you" to
P-Dub after the latter has fouled out.  I love how they *never* give up.
I love PP's offensive dominance.  I love how Toine can pick apart a team
via his versatility.  I love how we play D.  I love the running.  I love
how this team bands together, how they like each other, how they bond.  It'
s good, baby -- real good.

Damn good.

I love how I've rooted for this team since 1974 and that's a pittance
compared to how long others have rooted from them.  I love the tradition,
tarred thought it may be by Red's ousting, the selling of the floor, the
ruination of the Boston Cathedral (I have the back of a seat from the
Garden-- it is my prize possession), the tanking by ML  Glory in it, my
friends, we are truly among the lucky few.

I love this team.

Bird

P.S. Where's Joe H.?  Kestas?  Alex Wang?  The List is not the same
without them.  Let's not lose them.

P.P.S. Sure, they may not be drawing more than the Sox, the Bruins, or
whatever, but I really don't give a flying frig.  Sure, they may not do
what some media-types want them to do, but you know what?  It's all about
wins, baby.  And we have more wins than losses, and frankly, the team
looks better than they have in years.

Beat that, naysayers.

If you're not about Celtics wins, then you're the enemy, and if you're the
enemy, then go screw yourself, because I'm about Celtic wins, and I'm
going to glory in them as long as they last.  Mmmmmm, Celtic wins.  Paul
Pierce and Antoine Walker co-players of the month.  To those against the C'
s (and you know who you are), stuff it.  Eat crow.  Go ahead and wallow in
anonymity until the C's hit another rough patch.  Now it our* time.  Deal.

*And by "our" I mean real, true Celtic fans.  Rejoice, ye brethren.  Amen!