Run, you say?

  With two seriously injured: Randy Brown and Rowshown McLeod, three
seriously mentally impaired: Walter (even tipsy mother, Heinsohn, no longer
loves him), Milt (you want to watch him play point guard? Not me!) and
Blount (there is no one on planet earth that wants to se him play center,
ever again), we are down to ten players. We have three rookies who all play
the same position, that leaves eight, since it's very unlikely that more
than one of them will get minutes. Of that eight, three: Pierce, Walker and
Anderson are over taxed already, two: Eric Williams and Tony Battie have
chronic knee and ankle problems, respectively and who do we have left to run
the floor?  Vitaly and Erick Strickland with our rookie du jour? Tammo is
correct about Joe Johnson stumbling as the lead man on the break. All three
will probably land in a heap of tangled bodies, trying to get to the same
spot on the floor.
  I suspect it will get worse before it gets better. We read this AM about
Pierce and Walker with nagging injuries and Vitaly with a stomach bug. How
much running do you expect this bunch to do?
  Yes, we need help right now, before the good feelings start to dissolve in
the morass of a poorly designed roster. If Pierce can't play Eric Williams
can play the three, sounds credible, but he shoots his weight, like a
baseball player flirting with the "Mendoza Line." If Walker can't play? Eric
williams can play the four (oh yeah, Eric can get a triple double).  I
suppose he can play center and point guard also. I mean, no disrespect, the
man is a man and his skills, as they are, have bailed us out of many bad
situations, this season, but he is not the answer to all our woes, Jimmy.
  Either we seek injury exceptions for our two disabled, or Milt and Mark
have to go, now. What is the cost of minimum contracts for the remaining
part of the season? $220,000 each? Please.
  Plyers in their last contract year; like McGinnis of the Clippers would be
fine thank you, so would Travis Best pining on the bench in Indiana. Mark
Jackson of G.S., also would markedly improve this team, but baring the major
move, lets see our owner/front office do anything productive.
  We won't sustain the great start to the season, without some fresh legs.
Without any running game, we will be be back to Antoine at the top of the
three point line, looking for his shot, driving into traffic or looking into
Pierce, surrounded by enemy, much like Custer at Big Horn.
  Big game tonight, coming off the road. Excuses already written, with
little injuries. O'Brien has worked wonders before, when things went South.
Is he up to it again? We'll know a lot by the end of this week.

             JB

                          Unchain My Heart!