Guy from Louisville

gh18@juno.com wrote:

<<Who was the guy from Louisville name Derrick that brought toughness
during  the Indiana series in the past?>>

You're thinking of the late great Derek Smith -- 6'6" swingman who showed
great promise with the Clippers before blowing out his knee.  Came to the
Cs in the 90-91 season as a tough journeyman and made life miserable for
an otherwise unstoppable Chuck Person during the 1st round.  I believe he
left the NBA after that year.  Ended up dying young (of a heart attack, I
think).

I love unsung, blue collar players like that - Paul Silas springs to mind
as the best I've seen. Certainly Williams and Strickland have shown
flashes of that fire this season.  I'm hoping Kedrick Brown picks up some
of that.  I see a little bit of Dennis Rodman in him -- that's the
suffocating defender, first to the ball Dennis Rodman of those evil Piston
teams, as opposed to the loudmouthed, cross-dressing self-promoting Dennis
Rodman of the Spurs, Bulls and Lakers.

Happy New Year, everybody.  Hope it's a good one for all of us and for the
Cs.

Michael Gooen
http://greetings.yahoo.com