Continued on why Obie is a bonehead

As I stated before, I didn't buy off on the trade. However, I think why
people are starting to join me in their questioning of Obie's coaching is
that the trade really doesn't make any sense unless you are bring Delk off
the bench.

We are weak defensively at the point with Kenny. If you are going to give
significant minutes to Kenny at the point, you have to have someone with
height or jumping ability, a semi-stopper, at the two spot so at least we can
shore up one area. I thought Delk was going to be instant offense off the
bench. We need that. Regardless of the hype, I don't think Erik Williams is a
great defender. He does add a lot of defense intensity to the team. He just
doesn't have the quickness nor jumping ability to be a stopper.

Imagine in the playoffs, what this trade was made for: Who is going to stop
Ray Allen? Who is going to stop Iverson? No one is playing a guy that is 6-2
at the 2 spot in crunch time. We have been getting by with a little of
Strickland and a little of Erik Williams. Honestly, the dynamic duo have
overcome our lack of a player production at the 2 spot. But the playoffs are
going to be a total different story.

That is why it is imperative that we develop Kedrick for the playoffs. He is
the long term solution there anyways. This is why I have come to the
conclusion that Obie is a bonehead. This is why Phoenix was willing to take
luxury tax risks to take JJ. Here was another guy who could play the 2 but
could also dribble and pass the ball. These guys are longterm solutions. This
is why the Pacers let Tinsley play over Best, because he is the long term
solution. You let those guys develop.

People make fun of Krause of the Bulls. However, look at the team. He went
and got the right type of player for each position. He didn't try to convert
a 2 into a one. Brand is a nice player but he wasn't a great defender.
Provided they develop, with the two rookies he is set for the next 10 years.

Look at the Pacers. They went a got a guy who completes the team, a guy who
allows O'Neil to play his natural 4 spot. They got a nice team for the next
few years.

We are weak defensively at the point and we go get a guy for the two spot
that players like Eddie Jones and Kobe will just jump over. Just dumb.

I could go on forever....

DJessen33