OB Must go...

> From: GuyClinch@AOL.com
>
> Against the bucks we inexplicably went to small all night. [...]
> OB can EASILY correct this problem but he just doesn't see it.
>
> Option 1:
> Walker Battie Rodgers
> Strickland/Delk Pierce
>
> Option 2:
> Walker Battie Pierce
> K.Brown Strickland/Delk
>
> Option 3:
> Walker Battie Rodgers
> Delk/Strickland  Pierce
>
> Its plain as day that the bucks are a jumpshooting team.
> Why not play them bigger?

I'm not sure it's as simple as "play them big" because then they (Cassell,
  Allen, Robinson, Thomas) may be able to out-quick the bigger player
(maybe not Pierce, but maybe Rogers).  Playing big may not be a panacea,
but I tend to agree about the lineup.  I'd definitely like to see Rogers
out there with Walker and Pierce, or more of Brown, or Delk at the point
(why not?).  Having Anderson in the game at times is also important, but
he was being abusing by various Bucks jumpshooters.

Though I'll give Obie's ways a chance, I am worried about a repeat
scenario of a guy being brought in and mis-used.  Fortson springs to mind.
   No matter if you thought (or think) of Fortson as a one-dimensional
rebounder and/or a defensive liability, you can't say he was used
correctly, even as a one-dimensional rebounder.  Anyway, Delk seems like a
backup point to me, and Rogers seems like a guy who can come off the bench
(perhaps, even, as one of those ... how you say? ... ah, "sixth men" I
believe is the term) and score at the three and four right off the bat.
Even, in the Eastern Conf., play a little center.  Briefly.  When the
other team has gone small.  But what do I know?  I think Antoine Walker is
small forward in a small forward's body.  But he's the power forward and I'
m all for that, come hell or high water.  Sure would like to see Rogers
out there "jacking it up" according to the game plan alongside Walker,
Pierce, and Strick or Delk, though.  You'd think Obie would be just giddy
at the chance for four three-point shooters and a jump-shooting center to
be out there at once.

I still think that the coaching staff can learn to use Rogers effectively.
   He's only been around for a short time, and maybe he'll "learn" whatever
it is he needs to "learn" to play these position he has apparently been
playing for other teams.  I worry that Obie will continue to see Delk as a
shooting guard who shoots 40% for his career and not as a streaky,
offensive-minded combo guard.  That's the Tony Delk I know, anyway.  If
these guys are around long-term you never know what kind of players they
are going to turn out to be.  They may improve (or decline), roles may
change.  I wouldn't expect Delk to shoot tremendously better or stop being
streaky, though.  It would be great if he did, but he can still be pretty
effective in the right role.  Maybe ... he ... will ... make ... an ...
effective ... starting ... shooting guard ... though.  There, I said it.
I had to grit my teeth, but there you go.

By the way, though, your "Option 3" looks an awful lot like "Option 1"
there... .

Bird