Re: JJ watch

--- You wrote:
It's just that the year Pierce was drafted many of the same things were said
about his demeanor on the court.  It's good we held on to him.
--- end of quote ---

Pierce was averaging over 16 pts, 6 rbs, and 1.7 steals in his rookie year.
While he would occassionally go into his 'underwater' mode when Pitino got on
his case too much, it was immediately obvious that we had a special player. I
don't remember 'many of the same things' being said about Pierce, except for
Pitino's publicly berating him for taking the wrap off his sprained ankle,
which, in Pitino's highly qualified opinion, delayed his return for several
weeks. JJ may have Pierce's talent, but not his drive.
Kestas