hang in there, Josh

Sorry I've been out of town and not able to offer a little ink in support.  This list used to be near unanimous in the opinion that it's better to have one great player than two good players.  I think we just gave up the one for the two.  Now, I like Rogers and probably Delk, altho' why we need two Eric Stricklands I'm not sure.  And I have conceded that the coaching staff may have seen a terminal softness in JJ, but really--isn't it a bit too soon or a bit too psychic to suppose so.  As mentioned, JJ is a five weapon man at 20 years old.  Few come into the league with his ability in a decade.  I would like for us to have given such a hugely talented young man a chance.  Instead, we now have one potentially useful PF, who may be gone in two months.  Delk may help for a long time, but he is as others always suggest, "a dime a dozen in this league."

I think we got too carried away with our playoff prospects and want to win another game or two--and that at the expense of a 12 to 15 year star.  Kedrick I like, but he does not have the talents of JJ.  I would like to think our brass is right in their evaluation.  My expertise is very narrow here and theirs has to be broad.  But when it comes to talent, we just gave up one of the best.

I'm afraid we'll suffer long term for this one.  Our offense, as has been mentioned, is the culprit here.  We allow two men to pitch up over half the shots and wonder why a twenty year old was gunshy.  Well, enough.  I'm no expert on how to win in the NBA.  But guess who else isn't?

Gene