re: What were they thinking!!???

> From: "Berry, Mark S" <berrym@BATTELLE.ORG>
>
> 3.	[...] As for Delk, all the "microwave" comparisons are dead-on. He's a
> tweener guard who can absolutely fill it up. All those open looks
> Strickland
> and Palacio couldn't knock down? Delk will knock them down.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.  He's shooting 40% for the season --
just about at his career average.  I was waiting for all the "he'll fit in
nicely on *this* team with *that* shooting percentage" jabs from you and
others ... what gives?

> 4.	But they have Delk
> locked up, which means they don't have to worry about Strickland after the
> season.

I hope they don't just jettison Strick.  They have this pattern of
bringing in guys who aren't the most talented guys around, but help the
team in ways (Griffin, et al.) they need, then letting them go.  I'd like
to see the team keep one of these guys.  I think there could be room for
all the guards on the roster.  Maybe.  Maybe EWill doesn't return when his
contracts up.  Maybe we play a lot of "small ball" and eventually trade a
few guards for a big man, I don't know.

> Best-case scenario,
> Forte turns into a Delk. I'm guessing we see Forte shipped out either
> before
> the deadline or after the season.

This is certainly possible, but I think Forte could be a better player
than Delk.  I like Delk.  I think this is a very good situation and team
for Delk to shine in.  But Forte could have Delk's skill set and be a
better scorer.