If they're going to...

If management is going to draft like it has been
drafting, I hope those guys trade away all their
picks.

Who gives a country gosh darn about trading a draft
pick?  We don't draft good players with the picks
anyway, except by accident.  In that light, this was a
pretty good deal.

Meanwhile, some other team might prize these picks
because its management believes it can evaluate
basketball talent well enough to make the NBA draft a
way to improve the ballclub.  In that light, they
probably think they got a good deal.

We've got so many 2/3s and 3/4s and 4/5s and 1/2s it's
ridiculous.  So many tweeners.  Now we have two more.

I'm not against the trade, but it does say something
about how management values its assets and the NBA
draft.

How they should look at the draft -- "All right,
shopping day.  We get to go out and study and acquire
players who meet our team's needs and make us a better
ballclub."

How they do look at it -- "You get the draft list off
the internet.  I'll get the darts, the blindfolds and
the beer."
http://sports.yahoo.com