What werre they thinking??!!

Just kidding I love this trade!

Lots of thoughts, so Ill try to organize them:

1.	Rays criticism Yes, they still butchered the
draft and, no, they didnt get a big man or point
guard. But at least they realized the mistake with JJ
and turned him into something useful.
2.	Ive been as hard on Wallace as anyone, but I was
so pleased to see his quotes today about why not go
for it? That was my point yesterday. The East is wide
open. Yesterday, they had no chance. Today, I think
they do. Ill still be tough on Wallace because he
blew the last draft, but this was a great move.
3.	Rogers and Delk Great additions. If you play
Rogers at forward alongside Antoine, one of them is
going to be guarded by a small forwardand thats a
major mismatch. Both guys can step out and hit the
three, both can post up smaller guys. Plus, Rogers can
give you backup power forward minutes. As for Delk,
all the microwave comparisons are dead-on. Hes a
tweener guard who can absolutely fill it up. All those
open looks Strickland and Palacio couldnt knock down?
Delk will knock them down.
4.	The financial aspect Obviously, the Celts dont
make the deal if it doesnt help the luxury cap
situation next season. That means Rodney Rogers likely
is gone, unless he takes a sweetheart deal. But they
have Delk locked up, which means they dont have to
worry about Strickland after the season. It also makes
Forte awfully expendable, because I cant imagine
hell be better than Delk in basically the same role.
Best-case scenario, Forte turns into a Delk. Im
guessing we see Forte shipped out either before the
deadline or after the season.
5.	What we lose I think this is a pretty clear
indication of the organizations feelings about JJ.
Hell probably be a 10-year NBA player, but never more
than a role player. As for the pick, this trade should
de-value it even more, because the team certainly got
better. Like I said during the Bryon Russell rumorI
have no problem giving up a pick, if it will help the
team. The Russell trade was selling the pick to save
money. This one helps the team.
6.	Added benefit of Rogers and Delk Theyre used to
playing off of other guys. Theyve been bench
players/fourth options behind Marbury, Marion and
Penny. They know how to fit in and get their offense
in the right spots. I think thats important.
7.	This puts some pressure on Pierce and Walker. Weve
heard a lot about how they dont have any help and
they have to shoot so much because no one else can
score Well, now they have help. Its up to them to
involve these guys and create shots for them. I think
this really should help Antoine in particular.
8.	The downside Heres the only legit criticism in my
mind: This trade doesnt address the glaring need on
this teambig manand it takes away a little of their
roster flexibility in making a trade for a big man.
But short of that, it strengthens the team and buys
them time to make that move.
9.	Omar Cook What a great way to fill the roster
spot. Is he a sure thing? No. But hes that rare true
point guard. Can he hit a jump shot? No, but neither
can Tinsley or, for that matter, Jason Kidd. The value
of these kinds of guys is in the shots they help their
teammates make. I cant think of anyone more worth a
look than this guy.

Summary Great deal. I think a lot of posters are
overvaluing Johnson and undervaluing the guys we just
picked up. These are legitimate, impact NBA players.
The Celts suddenly have a bench. They suddenly have
other scoring options. They suddenly have a backup
power forward. They have a shot in the East. I really
believe that. Will that be true next year? Who knows
and who cares? This year, its wide open. Kudos to
Wallace.

Mark
http://sports.yahoo.com