[Fwd: Re: Oh, For the Love of...]

 From the Suns newsgroup....

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Oh, For the Love of...
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 01:51:42 -0500
From: "Lab User" <tgr24@cornell.edu>
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.phx-suns

"Adam Beechen" <sonnova@attbi.com> wrote in message
news:B8997D74.16C1B%sonnova@attbi.com...

 > Losing Rogers doesn't bother me, but losing Delk sure does.  He's the
kind
 > of player a team can build around as it creates cap room to lure quality
 > free agents in future years.  He's NOT the kind of player you want to
trade
 > to create that cap room.

I agree. Delk appeared to be one of the bright points of an otherwise
disappointing season. He showed his worth in Johnson's first game as coach,
more than filling Stephon's shoes. The Suns are getting a good young player
in Joe Johnson, a #1 pick, and a couple other benchwarmers. Joe can make up
for the loss of Rogers. But there is no way that the pick and those two guys
can replace Tony Delk, a guy who once put up 50 against the Kings.

Thommy