Olden Polynice anyone?

One residual item to note is that given this was a "3 for 2" deal, the C's
have a roster spot open as there are now only 14 players. Kenny, Strickland,
Delk, Antoine, and I suppose Forte in a pinch could play the point. The
"bigs" are still Battie, V, and Blount.

Absent another deal before the deadline tomorrow, it seems to me that spot
#15 should logically focus on adding another big guy heading into the stretch
run and going forward into the playoffs. We've heard that Michael (the
Animal) Smith is still available. What about Olden Polynice for short money
for the remainder of the season? A legit 7 footer, decent defender, veteran
experience/savvy and an upgrade over Blount. IMO not a bad insurance policy
for a cost of next to nothing other than a prorated salary.

CeltsSteve