Re: Trade

On Wednesday, February 20, 2002, at 04:27 PM, gh18@juno.com wrote:

> Bird, I do not understand this trade.  Did Rogers and Delk start?  This
> is a shocker!  Did we address the post player that is needed to rebound?
> Help!!!!

I don't know, I like this deal the more I think of it, but of course,
we'll see how it pans out in the end.  Neither Rogers nor Delk started any
but a few games for Phoenix, nor will they in Boston, I guess, but as
people have mentioned, they can and will provide scoring off the bench --
three-pointers as well.  The team addressed the point guard issue, and
while Rogers' minutes will mostly come at small forward, I would not be
surprised to see Rogers backing up Walker at the four, too.  He's somewhat
short (6'7") but can rebound and has (or had) a good post game, as well as
three-point range.  Depending on the situation, he could even be the best
player in this trade, though you'd have to see how Joe Johnson's career
goes.  I think the "post player" issue (read: center, as Antoine Walker is
comfortably installed at the power forward position for the foreseeable
future) is *going* to be addressed, or at least they'll try to, in the
future.  You can't do everything at once.

Bird